Our vision is to provide policing excellence as the national specialist police force for Britain’s railways.
Policing excellence means being professional in all that we do, and continually striving to provide the best possible service to our railway community, which includes passengers, rail staff and the railway industry.
Our mission is to work in partnership with others to help build a safe railway environment that is free from disruption and the fear of crime.
We will achieve this by:
- Being dedicated to the specialist needs of our railway community
- Ensuring that our staff are well trained and supported to enable us to deliver the highest possible quality of service
- Improving our systems and structure to increase our effectiveness at all levels
- Improving flows of information to our community about our aims and
- Providing value for money in all that we do.
Our Values are to
Ensure integrity by:
- Maintaining the highest professional standards.
Promote equal opportunities by:
- Treating everyone fairly, with respect and dignity
- Eliminating all forms of harassment, bullying and victimisation
- Providing an inclusive, supportive work environment, taking positive action where necessary, so that staff of all backgrounds can achieve their best.
Value diversity by:
- Valuing differences between people and communities, and respecting diverse lifestyles
- Reaching out to, communicating and consulting with, communities so we can better understand and meet their needs.
- Winning the trust and co-operation of those we serve, so they can help us achieve our objectives
- Developing a workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve.