The next meeting for the Strategy and Planning committee is on Thursday 14 November 2019
The Strategy and Planning Committee will formally report in writing to the Authority highlighting progress against the Policing Plan and Strategy development processes and any significant matters arising.
- Advising on the preparation of the annual budget
- Ensuring appropriate consultation in the preparation of the budget
- Reviewing the annual PSA charges and understanding the reasons for any significant movements
- To produce a draft Strategy and Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP) for consideration by the Authority
- To set out the desired culture and behaviours in alignment with the Strategy
- To oversee development of subordinate strategies including those relating to people, equality and diversity
- To prepare the Policing Plan in line with the strategy and stakeholder requirements
- To ensure effective consultation with stakeholders in the preparation of the Strategy, MTFP, and Policing Plan.
- To agree performance metrics with the force
- To oversee development of an annual report from the Authority
- Business case approvals in line with delegation limits set out in the code of governance
- MTFP recommendation to the full Authority
- Strategy recommendation to the full Authority
- Policing Plan recommendation to the full Authority
- Agreement of performance metrics
The Strategy and Planning Committee replaces the Finance Committee for many functions.
The Strategy and Planning Committee will meet at least 4 times a year. The Chair of the Committee may convene additional meetings, as they deem necessary.