The next meeting for the Strategy and Planning committee is on n/a
The Strategy and Planning Committee will formally report in writing to the Authority highlighting progress against the Policing Plan and Strategy development processes and any significant matters arising.
- Advising on the preparation of the annual budget
- Ensuring appropriate consultation in the preparation of the budget
- Reviewing the annual PSA charges and understanding the reasons for any significant movements
- To produce a draft Strategy and Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP) for consideration by the Authority
- To set out the desired culture and behaviours in alignment with the Strategy
- To oversee development of subordinate strategies including those relating to people, equality and diversity
- To prepare the Policing Plan in line with the strategy and stakeholder requirements
- To ensure effective consultation with stakeholders in the preparation of the Strategy, MTFP, and Policing Plan.
- To agree performance metrics with the force
- To oversee development of an annual report from the Authority
- Business case approvals in line with delegation limits set out in the code of governance
- MTFP recommendation to the full Authority
- Strategy recommendation to the full Authority
- Policing Plan recommendation to the full Authority
- Agreement of performance metrics
The Strategy and Planning Committee replaces the Finance Committee for many functions.
The Strategy and Planning Committee will meet at least 4 times a year. The Chair of the Committee may convene additional meetings, as they deem necessary.