The Appointments and Remuneration Committee has delegated responsibility from the Authority to approve the remuneration packages and performance related pay for executive appointments at the Authority and chief officers and equivalents at BTP. The quorum of the committee is half the Membership.
The next meeting for the Appointments and Remuneration committee is on Wednesday 17 November 2021
The Appointments and Remuneration Committee will formally report in writing to the Authority after each meeting.
- To act on behalf of the Authority to make the arrangements for and appointment of chief officers and equivalent appointments, including the approval of the recruitment process and contracts of employment for chief officers.
- To act on behalf of the Authority, working with the Chief Constable, to make chief officer temporary and acting appointments expected to last beyond 6 months.
- To act on behalf of the Authority, working with the Chief Constable, to agree chief officer secondments to and from the force expected to last beyond 6 months.
- To be responsible for determining the payment or otherwise, of performance related payments and other remuneration packages to the Chief Constable, Deputy Chief Constable, Assistant Chief Constables and equivalents.
- To act on behalf of the Authority to make the arrangements for and appointment of the Chief Executive and Authority Finance Director
- To consider and approve the remuneration package for the Chief Executive and Authority Finance Director.
- To consider and approve packages on termination for employees of chief officer rank or equivalent in both BTP and BTPA. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes for example discretionary awards and payments, discretionary pension enhancements and ex gratia payments.
- To consider any relevant matters in respect of PNB, Police Advisory Board, and other national bodies in relation to police officer and police staff terms and conditions and recommend a way forward to the Authority.
- To have due regard, in exercising the Committee’s responsibilities, to equal opportunities and the requirements of equalities legislation.
- Annual PDR and any performance related pay decisions in June
The Appointments and Remuneration Committee will meet at least twice a year. The Chair of the Committee may convene additional meetings, as they deem necessary.