Five new members have joined the British Transport Police Authority (BTPA) to oversee the performance and budget of the British Transport Police.
The new members, appointed by the Department for Transport (DfT), bring a wide range of expertise from across different sectors and professions to ensure the accountability and integrity of the BTP.
The new members are:
- Fiona Brunskill – A HR and employee relations professional, currently working as Director for People and Change at Transport for London (TfL). She has a wealth of experience across big name companies like Coca Cola and Asda.
- Mike Gallop – Currently the Western Route Director at Network Rail, having been at the organisation for 15 years. Mike has experience in operations, maintenance, engineering asset management and transformational change across the Transport, Water and Power sectors.
- Emir Feisal – A Chartered Accountant, Chartered Director, Fraud examiner and a specialist in transformational change. He has previously worked as Assistant Managing Editor and Head of Finance at the Sunday Times.
- Stewart Jackson – A former MP for Peterborough for 12 years, Stewart also worked as a Special Adviser in the Department for Exiting the European Union.
- Nick Hawkins – A former Chief Crown Prosecutor and Barrister, with a background in criminal justice. He has also worked as Chief Operating Officer of the Independent Police Complaints Commission and has many years’ experience in leadership roles in the Royal Navy.
Chair of the BTP Authority, Ron Barclay-Smith, said: “I am pleased these five new members have been appointed to support the Authority’s critical work.
“Britain’s Railways are facing a period of unprecedented change; recovering from the pandemic and evolving to align with the ambitions of the Williams-Shapps review. The Authority members will play a critical role in ensuring BTP is in fit shape to support the industry through these changes, protecting passengers and keeping rail staff and infrastructure safe from harm.”
You can read the biographies of all our members on the Members section of our website.