The Secretary of State for Transport wishes to appoint a Deputy Chair, Scottish Member, Welsh Member and up to four further Members of the British Transport Police Authority. This includes the appointment of the following specific roles:
- A Deputy Chair.
- A Member who has knowledge of the interests of persons in Scotland appointed in consultation with Scottish Ministers – this individual will chair the Scottish Railways Policing Committee, which is a sub-committee of the BTPA.
- A Member who has knowledge of the interests of persons in Wales appointed in consultation with Welsh Ministers.
Up to four further Members who have knowledge and experience of any of the following:
- The companies who operate the trains and tracks;
- The staff who work for those operators;
- The passengers who travel on the railway; or
For more information and to apply for these roles, please visit the vacancy page on GOV.UK.
Or you can view the full Candidate Pack